Social media has changed the way people interact with one another, even though the battle between organic and paid social media is still in full swing.
Organic posts are still a powerful way to gain followers and maintain likes on a brand's page.
Though the impact might not be as high as they once were, they are still more desired by users than paid posts, as our guest points out. The significant difference, however, is that it has evolved from just a one-way street to two-way communication. Brands must focus on building relationships with their followers to keep them engaged.
If you get frustrated with the lack of engagement, low reach and poor results, Dorien Morin-van Dam will help. She’s a good friend we met over seven years ago at Social Media Marketing World. She will show us why organic social is NOT dead and what we can do about it!
Let’s jump in!
In this Episode...
- [0:00] This week’s theme song
- [0:16] Episode intro and a quick bio of the guest; Dorien Morin-van Dam
- [3:40] Where Dorien is joining us from
- [4:39] A bit about the Social Media Marketing World conference where we met
- [8:19] Dorien’s backstory into social media marketing and how it has evolved
- [12:18] "Organic Social" defined
- [13:34] What is agile marketing
- [17:35] How organic social has changed & how we should be approaching it in 2023
- [21:14] The key to creating good organic social content
- [24:50] How you can stay on top of algorithms with live streaming
- [28:28] Dorien’s ways of coming up with content ideas
- [34:34] How to get the google algorithms to work in favor of live video content
- [39:55] The best way to create Tik Tok content and Instagram reels
- [43:08] Setting your priorities in content creation
- [49:43] Comments session
- [57:55] Exciting things that Dorien is working on & the best ways to connect with her
- [58:58] Call to action and ending the show
[11:50] Ian:Don’t just create content for the sake of it. Have a strategyClick To Tweet
[21:22] Dorien:For organic social media marketing, you do not have to re-invent the wheel or come up with a whole lot of content. You can re-use, repurpose or re-share content that really did well in the past.Click To Tweet
[28:35] Ian:In social media marketing, your budget is your limit.Click To Tweet
[31:31] Dorien:In social media marketing, your budget is your limit.Click To Tweet
[40:00] Dorien:In social media marketing, your budget is your limit.Click To Tweet
Who is Dorien Morin?
Dorien Morin-van Dam is an Organic Specialist, International Speaker and Certified Agile Marketer at MoreInMedia. She hosts Strategy Talks, a Livestream show and podcast. You’ll recognize her on stage and online by her always-present orange glasses, a nod to her Dutch heritage.
Watch Episode 195
The Confident Live Marketing Show
The Confident Live Marketing Show is a weekly live video show and podcast. It’s aimed at established entrepreneurs who want to level up their impact, authority and profits through the power of live video, webinars and podcasts. We’ll focus on knocking down the 3 main barriers these entrepreneurs face when creating live content - camera confidence/mindset, tech/gear and content marketing.
It’s hosted by Ian Anderson Gray. He is the founder of the Confident Live Marketing Academy and is the host of the Confident Live Marketing Podcast. He helps entrepreneurs to level up their impact, authority and profits by using live video confidently. He’s founder of Seriously Social - a blog focused on live video and social media tools. He’s an international speaker, trainer, teacher and consultant. He has a passion for making the techno-babble of live video and social media marketing easy to understand. As well as being a geek, husband, and dad to two kids, Ian is also a professional singer and lives near Manchester in the UK.