Welcome to Episode #2 of Seriously Social News for Friday, 21st December 2012.
With the run up to Christmas there’s a lot to cover this week including the new terms and conditions from Instagram, guidelines on offensive social media messages, new Facebook features, changes at Slideshare, a new version of WordPress and being able to download all your tweets.
Seriously Social News is a short weekly round up on all that is new in the world of social media, the internet and technology. With so much happening in the world of social media and technology, it’s difficult to keep up with the latest news that affects you.
Instagram Updated Terms
- Instagram Blog: Updated terms based on your feedback
- Instagram Blog: Thank You and We’re Listening
- Techie Minx: Instagram Say “We are not going to sell your photos and we do not own them
- Read Write: Facebook Poisons Instagram for it’s most valuable users- Photographers
Social Media Free Speech
- PC Pro: Offensive Tweets Aren’t a Crime says Head Prosecutor
- PS Pro: Free Speech- Man Arrested for Burning a Poppy Photo
- The Guardian: How to Abuse People on Twitter
- CPS: Social Media Consultation (pdf)
Twitter – Download your Tweets
New WordPress Version 3.5
- Tech Crunch: WordPress 3.5 “Elvin” Launches With A Completely New Media Manager, Retina Support, Responsive Default Theme
- Tech Crunch: WordPress 3.5 First Look: Yay or Nay?
- All Facebook: Facebook Page Posts no longer Third Party Attributions
- Wisemetrics Blog: No more “via Hootsuite” or “via Buffer” on Feed Stories
- CNET News: Twitter removes source app names from Tweets
- Mashable: Facebook Set to Change Your Timeline Again
- All Facebook: Facebook Rolling Out Drag-And-Drop Photo Uploading
- The Next Web: Facebook updates Messages feature with filtering, tests a service to let people pay to send them
- Mari Smith: Facebook Single Column Timeline Design Rolls Out
- Mashable: Facebook Will Let People You Don’t Know Message Your Inbox For $1